Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy birthday Pops!! (RIP)





Hey it's LC here.....this will probably be one of the most personal blogs I ever write!!! But writing always helps me!!! Today is my father's birthday.....he passed away three years ago. That's him in the pic ( wasn't him handsome!!!) We consistently bumped heads because we are both so damn stubborn! lol But I'm so honored to be his daughter!!! We share a lot of the same traits...we both love to read...both are intelligent...and both very protective over those we love!!! It's still hard and I'm assuming it will always be hard letting go, especially since he has grandchildren that will never get to be with him and see how goofy and silly he was!!! I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and I'm fine with them all except for one..... not telling my father " thank you" and "i love you" before he passed, and so now i say it everyday!!! I've learned not to take those closest, or anyone for that matter for granite!!! Life really is too short to just think about things instead of doing them!!!!! Don't worry Pops I'll always remember to:

Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.You may be only one person in the world to some people, but to one person, you may be the world.

Everyday I'm learning more and turning into the woman I'm suppose to be! Happy birthday Pop! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your pops. I can relate and I can not relate to what you went through. The reason why I say that is because my wife lost both of her parents and it makes her feel like she don't have anyone left in the world. She always tell me that no one will ever love you like your parents.